Sunday, October 28, 2012

....first chair!


There have been a few moments in the studio this weekend. 
The Glam Garland quilt top is finished and laid in the pile of all UFOs. A stack that is getting a bit too high ..... must do something about this!

Well...this is the quilt made in colors that I usually don't use. 
Brown, turquoise blue and  purple....a bit ugly-nice! 
But it is certainly a very fun pattern to sew! :)








For some time, I put a lot of work to paint and color the fabric for my new project with wooden chairs .... and the first block is made.
 Very funny!
Good thing I have two days off next week so that the project can continue to develop.


I use my simple sketches of chairs and cut pieces by hand.
Measuring roughly and find where the seams should be.
 An approach that suits me so well ...:)







And this is the first broken wooden chair dreaming of ....?








Happy quilting!

and while sewing...my thoughts are with my daugter in New York...take care!
Love and hugs!

Margreth







1 comment:

  1. Vika fina ideér du har. Jag älskar dina stolar....ja allt du gör. Hoppas du kan ha kurs någon gång :)

    ReplyDelete